To provide a regular forum for the interchange and discussion of teaching goals, methods and assessment techniques concerning psychiatric education in the undergraduate medical curriculum of Canadian Medical Schools.
To coordinate the development of policy in relation to undergraduate teaching and to represent views of the membership, when appropriate, to official administrative bodies such as Departments of Psychiatry and Faculties of Medicine.
To sponsor and otherwise promote the holding of symposia on pedagogical issues at both local and national levels, with the aims of defining goals, raising standards of instruction and fostering cooperation among undergraduate teachers.
To arrange appropriate liaison with other organizations, specifically:
- Canadian Psychiatric Association, through Standing Committee on Education
- Coordinators of Postgraduate Education (C.O.P.E.)
- Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry (U.S.A.)
- Association of Chairs of Psychiatry of Canada (ACPC)
- Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ)
- Others, as may be deemed appropriate.
To promote collaborative research and publication on teaching and assessment techniques.
To encourage the participation of psychiatric teachers in the development of the biopsychosocial model throughout the medical school curriculum.